Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- All guests must have comprehensive travel and medical insurance.
- Proflight tickets booked must be paid in full before the tickets will be issued.
- Please note that bank charges are not included in the invoice value and should not be deducted from payment. Payment of your account will remain your responsibility until it is received by our office in Zambia.
- Payment by credit card is subject to 3% administration fee.
- Confirmation of any reservation is subject to acceptance of our general terms and conditions.
Hotel check-in time is generally 14:00 and check-out time is 11:00. To guarantee an early check-in or late check-out service, please inform us and we will apply the surcharge.
African Escapades Limited does everything to provide accurate quotes for all our travel products, however, fares and rates for airline tickets, hotels and other travel service providers fluctuate regularly. We recommend immediate payment to guarantee quotes. Rates will be rechecked at time of payment and any increase (fares, rates, taxes, errors etc.) is due and payable regardless of earlier quotations. (Government park fees and taxes are always subject to change).
Health and Insurance
The tour price does not include personal insurance. All guests must have comprehensive travel and medical insurance, including trip delay/cancellation and emergency evacuation cover by air if needed, hospitalization & repatriation; baggage loss and loss of funds through cancellation or curtailment of package booked. African Escapades Limited cannot be held responsible for the financial costs involved in the evacuation or medical treatment of any guest or any disruptions in itineraries due to external circumstances.
* There are many exciting excursions and activities (with an element of risk) within Zambia, so medical insurance with repatriation is of paramount importance.
* Anti-malarial prophylaxis are recommended.
You will need a passport valid for six months and an appropriate visa to enter Zambia (preferably with a minimum of 3 blank pages).
Please obtain a multiple entry visa or KAZA visa. The KAZA UNIVISA costs USD 50 and allows tourists to obtain one visa to visit both Zambia and Zimbabwe multiple times. The visa is valid up to 30 days as long as the holder remains within Zambia and Zimbabwe. It also covers those who visit Botswana for a day-trip through Kazungula Border. (You will need a multiple entry visa for Zambia if you are overnighting in Botswana.)
Botswana: Minors travelling through the country’s borders will be required to produce certified copies of unabridged birth certificates. In the event that one parent is not travelling with the child, the other parent’s affidavit consenting to such travel should be availed. Temporary guardianship must be given if both parents are not travelling with the minor. However, an affidavit will not be required if the father’s name does not appear on the child’s birth certificate. (Please confirm updated information at the time of travel)
African Escapades Limited cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct visa documentation.
Any cancellations should be made in writing. Cancellation fees will not be charged for any bookings cancelled 91 days or more prior to the arrival of clients unless any charges or prepayments or expenses incurred (eg- bank charges), are due according to the policies of hotels, airlines, cruises and other contractors of African Escapades Limited.
- Cancellation 0-45 days before travel = 100% cancellation charge
- Cancellation 46-60 days before travel = 75% cancellation charge and USD250 admin/banking fees.
- Cancellation 61-90 days before travel = 50% cancellation charge and USD250 admin/banking fees.
- Cancellation 91+ days before travel = deposit refunded less USD250 admin/banking fees.
Deposit and Payment
- Provisional bookings will be held for 21 days and then released if not confirmed.
- A 30% deposit (excluding flights) is required to confirm a booking
- Full payment is due 90 days prior to travel.
- Some Flights are non-refundable / No show no refund / date change penalties apply
- Date changes will be treated on an individual basis and may attract an administration fee and in some instances cancellation fees depending on the subcontractor’s penalty fees.
- Special Conditions – Depending on airlines, hotels, lodges and cruises cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.